Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The sun'll come out...tomorrow?

So, like I said, I'm reading Dave Egger's new book, You Shall Know Our Velocity! and it's totally giving me the travel bug. I got my weekly Travelzoo email today, too, and that didn't help any. Anyone been to Los Cabos? There was a fantastic 4-night all-inclusive deal that's calling my name. Everything's calling my name, actually! Even one night in a hotel, any hotel, with a pool, sounds good. Speaking of, WHERE THE HELL IS THE SUN?? Don't I live in Southern California?? It's almost May, fer creezy's sake!

Just now, on my way home from the weekly dinner with dad, I had an ice cream urge (I found a great low-carb Dreyer's that only comes in a dangerously large size. Fourteen servings, my ass!) so I stopped at Ralph's. I walked in and there were about a million people all waiting in the two open checkout lines. I took one look at that, turned right around and said, "motherFUCKer!" as I headed back out the door. Unfortunately, a nicely dressed business woman was walking in at just that moment. I didn't get beat up in the parking lot, so I guess it was okay.

Meanwhile, here I am with no ice cream, and stupid Lost is a stupid clip show. That fancy Twilight Zone narration at the beginning didn't really add much, either. I've got Amy Poehler waiting for me on an old Celebrity Poker Showdown, so that's something.

Oh! Today at work that whole TV-Turnoff (I really shouldn't give it this much publicity) thing came up again in a meeting. Everyone, and I mean EVERYone, turned to me and asked if my TV was off this week. Seriously, people, it's just not my religion! My TV will be on for its usual 4-5 hours tonight, thank you very much! You?

1 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

Jeezy Creezy, that's a lot of pressure at work. Tell those bastards to EFF off.

I just got done writing about the Lost clip show too! We are one mind. We are the collective.

You should have gone to a different Ralphs for the ice cream. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting one. Fourteen servings? That's some bullshit right there.

April 28, 2005 2:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home