Monday, April 25, 2005

Who's with me for TV-TurnON week? I thought so.

Urgh, it's the official beginning of TV-Turnoff Week. I could just barely pull myself away from the TV to tell you that. Someone left a TV-Turnoff pin on my desk last week, and I literally stopped short and stared at it in disbelief when I saw it. It was like someone had left burning poop on my desk, I was so offended by the sight of it! TV-Turnoff, my ass! But! Just in time for TV-Turnoff Week, "proof" that TV makes us smarter! Yay! (Of course, it probably doesn't help with attention span...I could barely get through the first page of that article. Did you say something?)

Speaking of 24, go, Chloe! Do we like her? I'm still not sure how I'm supposed to feel about the girl, but I did like the last 5 minutes of tonight's episode. I find myself short-attention-spanning with 24 lately. More than any other show, I find myself distracted by any number of things during it (Did I shut off the sink in the bathroom? I should paint my toenails now. Oooh, that trash should go out. Good thing we don't have a president that lame...oh, wait.).

Why does everything come in a box? And why do I tend to keep them around? I swear, I have some weird, inexplicable need to hold onto all packaging anything I've ever gotten comes in. Just within my line of sight now, I can see the boxes for my iPod and iBook (but I must need those, right?), the box for the newly purchased and just as newly broken shredder, the box for the Toilet Tree my boss gave me for my birthday, the box for the Donkey Konga game N. gave me for my birthday, the old Game Cube box, the box from the cable company that my computer modem came in, and several GameBoy game boxes. What's wrong with me? Wait, don't answer that.

2 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

You think about other things while watching 24 because it's boring, boring, boring, boring!

I can't beleive your boss gave you a toilet tree.

Turn off TV for a week? I don't think so. But I still have my button. I will wear it with pride all week... while watching tv.

April 26, 2005 1:35 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

Hey, they're planting a tree in my name. That's cool, right? Anyway, the gift was based on one incident that actually involved N.'s plumbing problem (the morning after Valentine's Day, his neighbor's toilet was flushing into N.'s tub. Gross, eh?). Little does she know how often I clog my own damn toilet!

April 26, 2005 1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home