Monday, April 18, 2005

Maybe she was sweet and edible

Ahhh, Vegas. That's what I expected to say by 8 p.m. on Friday. Or at least by 9 p.m. Even 10 p.m. would've been a'ight. But, no! It took almost 8 hours to get to Vegas! Why? I have no frickin' idea! I do have to say that we had a pretty good time on the way up. Making fun of people stuck in traffic next to you is a good way to pass the time. Speaking of, if anyone knows what Sweetable Eatables is, let me know. I should've taken the 20 bucks offered to me to ask the woman driving the truck with that logo on it what it meant.

Anyway, once in Vegas, we got to see the most disgusting thing ever! Have you heard about mass quantities of wildlife that've been drawn to the Luxor beam of light during the spring? Man, just driving up the freeway behind the hotel we could see the thousands and thousands of bugs and bats and who knows what furiously beating their wings in the blue light. Ugh!! Gross! Stay away!

We fit two buffets in in one day, ordered too much room service at 1 a.m., gambled a bit, checked out the new (and crap-tastic) "Hawaiian Marketplace" on the strip, saw the M & M's dressed up as Star Wars characters, took a nap (okay, maybe that was just me), watched four Bellagio water shows in a row (boy, did I have to pee after that!), and, er, that's it! The ride back felt just as long, though it was (a tiny bit) shorter. All in all, a good time was had. But next time, I'm flying!

Meanwhile, all this TV was building up on TiVo! I just finished with Showdog Moms & Dads, which continues to be the highlight of my week! My favorite part this time was one of the gay guys trying to get his dogs to stop barking by yelling, "Spray bottle! Spray bottle!" at them. Fantastic!

You know I hate? People. Well, just having to talk to them and get out of their way and have them be in the world when I'm trying to move around in it. Today at the market, three employees asked me how I was doing and if I was finding everything okay while I shopped. YES! I'm Fine! Leave Me Alone Already! Jeez! Then, at the at the checkout, the boxboy guy was like an echo of the checkout lady. She said, "What kind of bags would you like?" After I answered her, he said, "What kind of bags would you like?" Then, she said, "Do you need any help out?" I said no. He followed that up with, "Do you need any help out?" What the fuck? Is it just me?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still a little bit full.

April 20, 2005 12:19 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

Sweetable Eatables doesn't have a website.

Maybe it was a mirage.

April 20, 2005 12:44 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was biking down 3rd Avenue today and stopped to take a photo of some construction workers. Then I took a photo of the woman standing nearby. She told me she had recently taken out a patent on her "Sweatable Eatables." They are beautiful flowers and plants of all kinds made entirely of .... chocolate. She showed me pictures on her phone. Lovely. She is creating a website with the same name which should be ready soon. I told her she should get publicity by being interviewed on some news show. It's all very creative and I think she'll go far!

April 13, 2010 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home