Friday, March 25, 2005

They Might Be Gassy

So, remember how I wanted to be the girl who knew all the words to the songs at the They Might Be Giants show? Well, five minutes into the concert last night, I dropped that fantasy when I was reminded by two girls in front of us how that actually looked (Oh, I know, ME-ow. Screw you. Sorry, it's early and I didn't get much sleep. I take that back.). And, the one girl was there with her nonstop beer-drinking, loud-talking, bobbing-in-my-line-of-sight, GAS-PASSING boyfriend. Yes, I said gas-passing! N. and I literally had to back away from our little standing area toward the end there. Ah, nothing captures a great night out like the moment your own boyfriend leans over and yells in your ear, "Does it smell like ASS in here?"

Aside from the ass, it was a really good show! We stood toward the back, a step up from the floor, which certainly helped my vertical disability, but not quite enough for a really good view. I spent most of the time leaning far over a railing on my right to see. But, all that jumping around and bobbing for a view managed to put 1,000 steps on my pedometer. Remind me to tell you about the psychology of the pedometer one day (because I certainly won't remember). Two thousand steps equals a mile, you know. Or maybe you didn't, but now you do. Anyway, this has taken a turn I didn't mean to take.

I know I was going to talk about those things I said down there the other day, but as I'm sneaking this in from work, I'll get to that at another time. Hey, if you're reading this before 7 p.m. (I think that's right) on Friday, you can catch a free They Might Be Giants show at Amboeba tonight. Look for us!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Q (I'm gonna make this Q thing happen, so help me!) -- did you see there's an original Bruce Campbell movie on Sci-Fi this weekend? In the promo, he asks some guy "did you forget something?" and the guy turns and goes "what?" and Bruce shoots him in the chest with a crossbow! HA!

Thus begins the boy-geek intrusion into the girly blogs...

March 25, 2005 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Tivo is already set.

Which Q are you assigning me? Star Trek Q? James Bond Q? Q the Winged Serpent? Q-bert??

March 25, 2005 3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most of the above! (See below.)

Btw, are we violating some sort of blog bylaws by having off-topic conversations? I believe the Nazis at Television Without Pity would've already terminated our accou---

March 25, 2005 3:58 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

What the effing ef are you effers talking about on my blog?? If someone gets to this link by searching for Star Trek, so help me....!

March 25, 2005 4:51 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

ITurnedOutTV ends up on a Star Trek fan's bookmark list! Oh, the irony!

My friend A. in Philly thinks all of our names and all of our blogs are about sci fi.

At first I didn't understand what she meant when she said, "I don't understand all of that sci fi stuff." Then I laughed really hard.

Who's laughing NOW, Q-bert? (That's a combination of Q who is N. and Kringlebert who is J. I'm helping to explain my husband's earlier joke.)

March 25, 2005 7:01 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

Also, what IS the psychology of the pedometer?

March 25, 2005 7:02 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

I just noticed that my husband is signing his posts "finglebert" when his name is "Kringlebert." Nice going, honey.

March 25, 2005 7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't understand all this scifi crap, either. You people are weird.

I'm afraid.

March 25, 2005 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home