Thursday, March 17, 2005

Your worries cured in one hour or they're free!

So, I did some random research on oceanfront property today. Yikes! To live in a beachfront home in Hawaii you need millions of dollars! That's millions with an s. Bleh. Though I'm not surprised really. On the other hand, I could get a mobile home in Pacific Palisades for under $100,000. Would that be so bad? I've seen the mobile home parks there from PCH...they do have an oceanview. I wonder who has the last laugh in this scenario?

I also did some real work at work today, which consisted of editing a tip sheet on anxiety. It recommended setting aside "worry time" for 15 to--get this--60 minutes a day! Sixty minutes of worry time! According to the sheet, you should write down your worries and tell yourself you'll worry about them at the designated time. Does this sound like a good idea to anyone? Wouldn't you get yourself so worked up in 60 minutes that there'd be no turning back? I'll take my worries as they come, thank you very much.

Speaking of anxieties, I have a problem with the claustrophobia. For some reason it gets particularly bad at amusement parks when I'm waiting in an especially dungeon-esque line, like, for example, Indiana Jones at Disneyland. Love the ride; hate the line! And N. and I had to leave the line for a Knott's Berry Farm rollercoaster because I couldn't take the close quarters. Boy, am I lame!

Best thing I watched on tv last night: (I should make this caveat now--since I'm dependent on my TiVo, half the things I'll comment on here will be shows that may have aired at a completely different time.) The new season of Project Greenlight. Ohhh, it's gonna be good! I'm already attached to the director, though I reserve the right to change my feelings when he freaks out, as I'm sure he will.

Worst thing about TV last night: Hmmm...Oh! That Lost was a repeat. Again! Damn you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home