Tuesday, March 15, 2005

I don't want the world; I just want your half

I listened to They Might Be Giants' "Ana Ng" five times in a row on the way home from work today. Is that the very first thing you want to know about me? Probably not. Okay, how about this? I saw a person dressed as a Care Bear wearing a "Vote 4 Pedro" shirt outside the local Aah's store, also on the way home. No? What if I told you that I waved to that same bear (minus the shirt, which must only be weekday attire) over the weekend. It was spontaneous and I have no clue why I did it, but the child in me chose that moment to leap out! (Like I ever kept her cooped up inside!)

N. and I are going to see They Might Be Giants next week, so that inspired the multiple listening of the song. I just really wanted to get the words down pat. I wanna be the annoying girl in the audience who knows the whole thing by heart and can keep up with the frantic tempo of the song. I usually hate that girl, so I probably really won't let myself be her, but I did have the compulsion to learn that sucker. When I was a kid I'd play songs over and over, stopping every few seconds to write down the lyrics. I think I was having a flashback to that in the car today.

Best thing that happened on TV last night: The company I work for was mentioned during a sitcom. So was The House of Pies! (No, I don't work there. Mmmm pie boss.)

Worst thing happening on TV right now: I have to completely reset my TiVo (and my brain) because Adelphia changed practically the entire line-up of its digital cable system. Bleh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home