Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Let me tell you about my zzzzzzzzzz

So I really am sick. Last night my voice sounded like, oh, uh, something that doesn't sound like me (hey, I never said I could be creative and feverish at the same time). The day started at 6:30 a.m. with the alarm going off. Realizing that a day in bed would be much more productive than any attempt at driving and working, I called in sick. Then, I fell into one of those sleeps during which you're not quite sure if you're awake or asleep. For example, there was some type of truck backing up outside. In my sleep haze, I remember thinking to myself that the beeps had been going on for hours and that I hoped that Wednesday mornings weren't nonstop beeping days, whatever the hell that means.

Once I got out of bed, I pooled all my resources on the coffee table (bottles of water, a cup of tea, packets of Emergen-C, and a book) and got to work on the TiVo. I watched what felt like 8 hours of The Amazing Race. After that, I fell into another fever-induced sleep in which N. and I were competing on The Amazing Race but were only running around, getting into cars, and making plane reservations. At one point in the dream I actually stopped and said, "Hey, we've been doing this race for days and haven't done one Detour!"

Other shows I watched: Dr. Phil, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, The Simpsons (two episodes), Chasing Farrah (bleh, I turned that bore-fest off after 10 minutes), and the movie But I'm a Cheerleader. I had to pause it just before it ended because I felt myself falling asleep. When I woke up and pressed play, there were only 5 minutes left. Lame!

You know, there's nothing like an illness to help you discover how expired the drugs are in your house. I was happy to see I had cough syrup, but it expired in 2002. Advil? Six months over the expiration date. I also tossed out some Alka Seltzer, just for the hell of it.

Eh, I'm sure I had something more to add, but I can't think of it. I wonder if I'm going to work tomorrow? So sleepy. I wish I had zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

2 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

Don't go to work! You sound like you're at death's door!

I know what it's like to have the weird sound dreams.

March 30, 2005 11:03 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

I didn't go to work today, but unless something horrible happens during the night, I should be back to myself tomorrow. Ah, Friday.

March 31, 2005 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home