Monday, April 04, 2005

All this, and then Blogger was down!

Grrr...hear my rants!

1. Adelphia, the bastards! Not only do I get crappy reception from my digital cable but I am also now living without the internet. Without the internet! Me! Without it! Man, it was a long weekend without access to all my web errands. I guess I can count the internet among my addictions. Imagine if my cable went out at the same time! The Horror! Anyway, the guy on Adelphia's customer service line had no idea if it was an area outage or just me. How hard should that be to figure out?? He tried to set up an appointment for someone to look at my modem, but of course, I work during the week and won't be available on weekends for a few weeks. (Hey, did I mention it's my birthday Saturday? No? I didn't? How unlike me. It's my birthday, you know.) So, if the internet doesn't magically appear today or tomorrow, who knows how long I'll be without it at home? Oh, please don't make me think about it!

2. You know that small street you have to turn on before turning on my actual street? That little one with all the potholes? No? Well, trust me, it's there. Only, I guess they decided to fix it today, so they closed the street. Closed the street! This confused many a driver, as there were several of us U-turning and taking the only other way out of our little neighborhood there. Not only that but more than one school bus was pulled over to the side, making a call to what I assume was school bus headquarters, saying something I imagine went like this: "Uh, yeah, I have a pickup on this street that appears closed with no other way in. What do I do?"

Then I was stuck behind the SLOWEST DRIVER IN THE WORLD! I think he must have a lot of different cars because I get stuck behind him often, but he's never in the same vehicle. And sometimes he's a woman.

3. Paper clips. They just bug. I appreciate their design (Dude, whomever came up with that one was brilliant! I wish I could think of something that stupidly simple that would become indispensable in offices worldwide!), but I'd much, MUCH rather use a staple. The clips just grab onto to all manner of stuff that doesn't belong and add unnecessary bulk to my inbox.

Okay, maybe I was reaching with that last one, but I just had a serious clip incident. Maybe not serious, but it seriously annoyed me. Shut up.

Anyway, I'm feeling better, thanks for asking. I had a lovely weekend of meeting up with the college roommates for brunch and a tiny bit of shopping. It occurred to me much later that we're such girly girls together that we didn't even mention the very-recently dead pope in any of our hours of conversation. I'm not gonna talk about it now, either, but sheesh, we could've said something, right? (There, I said something.)

I also had a nice time not getting into the newly opened "Japanese Denny's" in Sherman Oaks. That's what we're calling it anyway, since the web site claims it's Japan's most popular restaurant. Maybe we'll get to eat there one day. When the wait isn't an hour. An hour! Sheesh.

1 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

Paper clips are too non-commital.

Staples are much better except in the case of necklace making.

April 06, 2005 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home