Monday, June 13, 2005

Where oh where has my little town gone?

Boy time flies when you're not writing blogs. What the hell did I do with myself all week? Well, there was the weekend...

It started bright and early on Saturday with a trip to my dad's to get the cars detailed by my cousin, the detailer. While that was being done, and because my dad flew the coop to get to his weekly Indian gaming destination (seriously, every weekend), I decided to take N on a tour of my childhood neighborhood. I hadn't been there in a very long time and let me tell you, things weren't where I'd last left 'em! We wanted breakfast, so I thought we'd walk to Biscuits & Gravy, next to the Hughes, which is now a Ralph's, but the Biscuits & Gravy is now a Two Guys from Italy. My second thought was Patricia's Tea House, which was on the other side of the Hughes/Ralph's, but is now completely empty. This was just the beginning. The stationery store is now a dog wash. The Royal Dynasty, where we ate almost every week when I was growing up, had awhile back turned into something else, which was now something even more else! The library is 300% bigger than it used to be and the Alta Dena Dairy is now an IHOP (which turned out to be good news, because by the time we walked all that way, we were damn hungry!). Weird.

After the cars were shiny, we went back to N's to await the arrival of his out-of-town friends, who we took to Cat & Fiddle, and then to the Cineramadome to see...take a guess...Star Wars (again)! (By the way, I don't think I need to see it again.) That night, among other things, we caught something on MTV2 called Wonder Showzen. Do a search on your TiVo. You won't regret it. The next day we went to Canter's for breakfast, and then to Santa Monica to play on the pier. These are some partying friends, by the way. I couldn't come close to keeping up with the likes of them! And ya know, it's tiring entertaining people for a weekend (especially when you're letting the cat sleep with you so as to not completely disturb the guests with her antics). When I got myself home, I nearly crashed in the bed right then and there.

Hey, Dockers is using a very old The The song in their commercials now! (I don't see commercials much, so if this is old news to you, ignore me.) That was an ADD moment...the TV's on in the background.

Public Service Announcement: The speed limit is 65! Drive it, Asshole! Thank you for listening.

2 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

Don't you people ever eat at home!

Your dad is awesome.

I could use a detail. How much does your cousin charge?

June 15, 2005 12:11 AM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

Sure we eat at home...restaurants deliver, don't they?

June 19, 2005 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home