Sunday, June 05, 2005

Here's the story

I'm (finally) watching some of The Brady Bunch DVD N got me for my birthday. I started with the first episode, which has commentary from Sherwood Schwartz, who really must be super-old by now, right? He talks as though he didn't know the child actors on the show at all, never referring to them by name, but merely as "the little girl" or "the little boy," as though they're just some random kids who were in a pilot that tanked. Sheesh.

Anyway, what got me up to the computer was that I remembered that as a kid, I thought that the actors playing characters in TV shows or movies who got married actually had to get married to do the scene. I thought the act of hearing the words "I now pronounce you man and wife" and saying "I do" made you married. I don't know what I was thinking.

Even dumber, and this is really weird, so bear with me, was what I thought about cartoons. I thought--I really don't understand my logic on this, so don't ask, really--that cartoons were people dressed up in animal costumes that were smeared in butter. Yep. I dunno, I guess I thought that animation had a buttery look to it. I don't know, really! Either I had a very active imagination or I was a little retarded.

On the active imagination side, I had a list of 30 or so "invisible" siblings, two of whom were my identical triplets. Except that I didn't quite understand what the "identical" part meant, because one was a boy. I couldn't have been too dumb though, because I worked out everyone's ages so it was actually possible, had my mother started when she was a child herself and popped out children every year, to have all those siblings. That being said, I truly enjoyed my only-childness. I think had I had all those siblings I would've run away very early on. Anywho, back to the DVD. That Cindy sure was cute!

P.S. This is something I meant to mention to N the minute it happened, but got distracted: I swear I saw the name Todd Lookinland in the Revenge of the Sith special effects credits. And I'm pretty sure he's Mike Lookinland's (Bobby Brady) brother, who also, if I remember correctly, guest starred on The Brady Bunch at some point. Hold on, I'll go check. Yep, I'm a Brady geek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home