Wednesday, June 01, 2005

"I never thought I would fall for a nerd"

Did you see it?? I didn't plan on watching Beauty & the Geek, but then Kevin & Bean's Ralph highly recommended it this morning, so I decided to give it a shot. Plus, N sent me a boatload of good reviews he read on the internet. Man, am I glad I watched! I loved it! I even heard the neighbors across the alley laughing at it! What a brilliant idea...the geeks learn social skills from hot dumb girls and the hot dumb girls learn stuff they should've picked up in fifth grade. I'm sure there's probably some feminist reason I should hate this show, because it shoudn't be okay to not be able to name two U.S. states that start with "New," but, it's really pretty fantastic all around. One thing, though, the "geeks" are really not as geeky as they could be. It's the total Patrick Dempsey, "Can't Buy Me Love" kind of geek, where he can dress geek, but then turn stud with a touch of mousse and ripped-off sleeves. Even the hot girls thought a couple of them were adorable right off the bat. And there was even kissing! They're re-running it again Thursday night, so please try to catch it so we can share. (Note of irony: After an hour of watching these girls struggle to answer the easiest questions ever, I searched TiVo to add the show to my Season Pass, but I misspelled "beauty." D'oh!)

Speaking of the dumbing down of America, have you heard this new McDonald's Fruit & Walnut Salad radio commercial? It's all "blah, blah, blah, Fruit & Walnut Salad, blah, blah, Fruit, blah, blah, Walnuts, blah, Fruit, blah, Walnuts, Walnuts, Walnuts, blah, blah, blah, Fruit & Walnut Salad at McDonald's. Contains nuts." Contains nuts! Are they kidding? Who's that disclaimer for? Please introduce me so I can kick him in the balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home