Sunday, May 22, 2005

Here a sith, there a sith

Star Wars overload! We saw Sith on Friday night, had friends over to play the Sith video game (and admire N's lightsaber), listened to the soundtrack whenever we were in the car, and watched the original on DVD. Every magazine in N's place has Darth Vader on the cover. Every other show in N's TiVo playlist is Star Wars related. Don't get me wrong, we had a fun weekend, but I think I'm ready for some good old John Hughes movies right about now! I'm eyeing my St. Elmo's Fire DVD as we speak (is that John Hughes? Hold on...It is not. Damn, I suck. I guess I have to give up my Teen of the '80s merit badge now.). However, I'm too tired to sit through a whole film. In fact, I have Envy playing in the background (recorded as a result of my Amy Poelher WishList), but it's not good, really. I'm about ready to crash. It's been too hot to sleep well and I've been nodding off all over the place for the past couple days (not that that's too unusual for me). Oh, how I long for central air. And a beach house, for that matter. Though, if I had the beach house I don't think I'd really need the central air. At this point I'd take one or the other.

My internet is intermittant these days, so I don't know how often I'll get to post this week. And that knowledge puts a lot pressure on me to come up with something good while the internet is working, so I'll tell you this fantastic story about the time I...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, you're such a tease. So what did you think of the movie?

And you're more than welcome to escape the heat and sit in my air conditioning any time. You can just sit and watch Veronica Mars on the TiVo. Or help me figure out how to hook up a DVD player.

May 23, 2005 12:48 AM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

I have air condititioning too! And Tivo!

And DVDs! But I don't really know how to hook one up.

I'm not wasting my time with the ROTS. As far as I'm concerned, there were only three Star Wars movies. They came out in the late seventies and early eighties. And I'm only throwing Return of the Jedi in as a gesture of good faith.

May 24, 2005 12:47 AM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

Okay, I should clarify: I have an air conditioner unit in my living room, just not in my bedroom. Or in N's place. So I can sit on my own couch and be fine...but who's offering me/us a bed??

In other news, don't you just plug the thing into the wall and the TV?

May 24, 2005 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home