Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Alright, where are the cameras?

Here's something I bet you don't know about me: I have a numb thumb tip! Yep, it went numb a couple years ago when I was crippled (crippled!!) by a herniated disk in my neck. Apparently, the nerve can be so pinched, it cuts off feeling to the extremities. And guess what? Though the neck's fine now, that thumb never came back! Weird, eh?

Observation: Are they handing out those white "I'm blind so watch out" canes to everyone now? I swear, I've seen more people using those in the last two weeks than I've seen in my entire life! Last week I was almost smacked in the ankles with one. I felt sort of awkward because I assumed the woman knew I was there and it was kind of puddle-y where we were and she seemed to not be sure of where she was going, so I asked if she was alright or needed any help (it sounds very unlike me to offer help, I know, but sometimes I find myself living my life as if there were 20/20 cameras set up around me just waiting till I pass up an opportunity to perform a civic duty. I once encountered a baby stroller alone at the mall...with a baby in it. I literally stopped and looked for the cameras. I feared that if I didn't do anything, Barbara Walters would pop out from behind the Cinnabon and say, "How could you just walk right by a helpless baby clearly left alone?" So I headed into the nearest store and said, "Uh, anyone leave a baby out there?" Turned out the mother also had a toddler she'd decided to chase after without the burden of the stroller. Sheesh.). Anyway, the blind woman I was talking about ages ago didn't want my stinkin' help, thanks! (Okay, she didn't say those words, but that's what they sounded like to me!)

Gripe: I love Grey's Anatomy, don't get me wrong, but are we really supposed to suspend enough disbelief to accept that a couple who just finds out that their 2-year-old has a brain disorder that requires surgery to remove half her brain will agree to said surgery that very afternoon? And that the surgeon is available to perform said surgery within the hour? I mean, really, come on!

Oooh, something I can't believe I forgot to mention on the day of: Did you guys celebrate 05/05/05?? I love when that happens! Except next year, when I'm vowing to stay in bed under the covers on 06/06/06. Am I wrong to assume at least one person will take that day as a sign to do something evil? Oh, shit, I shouldn't be giving you ideas! On 07/07/07, though, I'm going to Vegas. There couldn't be a luckier day, right? And no, I haven't planned anything for 08/08/08 yet. I'm not THAT anal. Shut up, I heard that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home