Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Rockin' the free world

So, remember my wildly popular Neil Young post? Well, I suppose this is a follow up to that, because last night N and I went to the Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young concert at the Hollywood Bowl. As N said, there’s nothing quite like hearing thousands of people singing "Let's Impeach the President"! It was a very anti-Bush, anti-war show, and it was filled with aging hippies rocking their grey-haired heads off! I went into the show only knowing a few CSNY songs (but all the Neil Young "Living with War" songs, obviously), and left with the desire to chill out and become a hippie myself. Perhaps it was the contact high (even Mr. Crosby said, "Gee, it sure smells gooooood in here!"), but I left there really wanting to help and love my fellow man. Peace, man.

Except! There was this guy sitting next to me, and if you’ve sat on the benches at the Bowl, you’ll be able to picture this. He was practically right on top of me, with his smelly burrito, smellier armpits, gross tobacco dip or chew or whatever you call it and spitting cup, loud, chatty-ass girlfriend who made cell-phone calls DURING the show, and stupid feet he propped up on the bench in front of us and picked at. I left there vowing to love my fellow man except for that guy. And the jerks who kept walking back and forth in front of us during the show so we had to keep getting up to let them out. They can eff off. Oh, and fuck you, Mel Gibson.

3 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

Damn, dirty hippies!
Don't you know you're destroying our country with all that singing about peace?

Mel Gibson is a talking pile of shit.

August 01, 2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger Tigerpants said...

Hey, I never get to post comments on your blog because of my schnazzy RSS reader, but now I'm killing time at work, so yay! Here I am!

August 10, 2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

T-pants, I don't even know what that means!

August 11, 2006 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home