Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I heart kitties

I fear I may be turning into an old cat lady before my time. There's no doubt I've been enjoying my "joke" Cat Fancy magazine subscription, I check Stuff on My Cat faithfully, and now I'm obsessed with the Meow Mix House. I had this window open all day at work. Is that wrong? I mean, it's a reality show…with cats! (I may have even cast a vote for my favorite. Seriously.) As if that weren't enough, I enjoyed a good amount of time clicking various links for Limecat today. I might as well throw in the towel now and buy a bunch of moo moos (mu mus? mummus? big Hawaiian-print dresses?).

In other news, we had a fun weekend during which we actually left the house on a Friday night to see Colin Hay at Largo. We were supposed to go with other people, but ended up on our own, which I think worked in our favor because we ended up at a nice table for two five feet from the stage (so there!). Mr. Hay is surprisingly funny and puts on a heck of a good show. His wife opened for him, and though I'd never heard of her before, I downloaded one of her albums from iTunes the very next day. Speaking of the very next day, N hosted a geek poker night at our place, so I got the hell out and saw Prairie Home Companion with Tigerpants. Ehh, I think I'm missing that part of my brain that would make me enjoy this. Perhaps that part of my brain is stuck in a red state somewhere. (There may be hope for me actually, because I think an old cat lady might very much enjoy this film!) According to Roger Ebert, I have no heart if I didn't love this movie. Thanks, Roger. You wanna know what I got out of it? This joke:

One penguin says to another penguin, "You look like you're wearing a tuxedo." The other penguin says, "What makes you think I'm not?" (If I knew how to program cricket chirps to play the minute you read that, I'd have done it.)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the most link-tastic blog you've ever posted!

June 14, 2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

Yeah, it was a lot of work, but I know you need entertaining. It's all about you.

June 14, 2006 10:54 AM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

P.S. When I saw I had a comment from you, I fully expected it to be an objection to the word "geek" in front of your poker game.

June 14, 2006 10:56 AM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

Wow... that Meow Mix House web cam is a thrill a minute.

Hey listen, I already said I was sorry for the damn Friday night fiasco. And Saturday for that matter. If it makes you feel any better I'm still a cripple.

June 14, 2006 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home