Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Have you tried the targ?

Yes, I'm still alive! Were you worried? We didn't run off with all our Vegas winnings, if that's what you thought (we'd have to turn back time to let the money fly back INTO our pants to have gotten anywhere with it). Despite having won NOTHING, we had a great time playing with the Eclektras and staying in the nicest room we've ever been in. Seriously. I'm talking sitting area, pivot-mounted flatscreen TV in the main room AND in the bathroom, wall-to-wall/floor-to-ceiling window with a view of the strip, touch-button controls for the drapes, fancy-schmancy mini-bar snacks and accessories, robe and slippers, some-high-thread-count sheets, Andy Warhol reproductions on the walls (none of those typical hotel crappy "oil" landscapes), and all manner of other impressive crap I could go on about.

Now, here's something I thought I'd never say: While in Vegas, I had dinner in a Star Trek bar. I know, but my travelmates were all gung-ho for it (and in fact, were practically regulars. I swear, if N wasn't so darn fun to be around...). I ate something with the word Targ in it. It was either pork ribs or some space animal. I don't know. I swear, there were portions of that dinner during which I was sure I'd lost my ability to understand English. That, or they weren't speaking it. I had to go to the little happy place inside my head several times. But don't worry guys, I had fun! The Targ was great! (Seriously, what the hell is up with that place?? Star Trek. Sheesh.)

Ehhh, I was just given some work to do. I guess I should do that. Perhaps more Vegas later. Oh, hey, everyone wish N a Happy Birthday tomorrow!

4 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

It was "Flaming Ribs of Targ" and you know you loved it! I am so not a Star Trek fan. I just walked down the aisle at my wedding to the score from one of the Star Trek movies. That doesn't make me a trekkie or anything. Wait... does it? It was a good song!

January 24, 2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger Tigerpants said...

*cough*DORK*cough*

January 24, 2006 6:46 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 24, 2006 11:28 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

No you did not even just call me a dork... What's on your Tivo season pass again?

January 27, 2006 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home