Thursday, December 08, 2005

I have ball issues

So all this talk about Valerie Bertinelli and Eddie Van Halen's pending divorce (didn't this happen a long time ago?) has given me a flashback to the only time anyone has ever said I looked like celebrity. It was just the one time, and I was about 17. This lady at a doctor's office told me I looked like Valerie Bertinelli. I can kind of see it in pictures from her "One Day at a Time" days (especially if you knew me in my younger days). I think it's the round face and the hair. Anyway, I bring this up as a point of discussion. Who have you been told you look like?

I just got back from my office's holiday party, which was a day of silly bowling. I'm (not so) proud to say that, for the second year in a row, I earned the Lowest Individual Score, aka, Find Another Sport Award. It'll go on my cube wall next to the other one. I really suck at bowling. I just do NOT have the hang of it at all. At some point, the guy who worked there even told me I'd "be better off using both hands like a five-year-old." Yes, that's an exact quote. I have ball issues. I don't like sticking my fingers in the holes, and I don't think hurling a heavy ball off your fingers is the greatest idea. It was still a fun day, though. I'm just glad we didn't have the usual potluck in conference room 6A.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was once told I looked like Elaine Boosler. Jesus, I'm still reeling from that. She's funny, but wow. Not what you'd call a pretty girl.

Sigh.

Did you see that R. Kelly's video was nominated for a Grammy? I can't wait to see Grammy-nominated R. Kelly's long form video.

December 08, 2005 6:36 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

I think someone said I looked like Rosie O'Donnel once.

But I'm pretty sure that was more of an insult than an observation.

At least I hope so.

December 10, 2005 11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home