Tuesday, November 29, 2005

So many degrees from Kevin Bacon, it's not even funny

So, I just got back and already, I'm packing again. I have a work conference in Anaheim on Thursday, for which I'm expected to be awake and ready to work at 6:30 a.m. No kidding. Anyway, at least I volunteered to work the thing so I could get the overnight stay. Other people in our department who are just attending need to travel through Orange County traffic and be there by 7:30 a.m. to check in. I think I got the better deal. At least I get to hang out with my friend A the night before in The O.C. (yeah, I feel a little lame calling it that).

Before I forget, you guys with cats (are there any of you??) HAVE to get this Super Cat Scratcher thing from Target. Man, our cat goes NUTS over the thing. She's cracking me up right now playing with it (it's infused with catnip and irresistably scratchable, apparently). She must've hit the bud early this morning because she was throwing herself all over the house by the time I woke up, and talking about it the whole time.

Anyway, on to the blog about my trip...

First, it was C.O.L.D. Sixteen degrees on Thanksgiving night, to be exact. Second, the highlight of my trip was spending countless hours on the phone with tech guys who were probably in India trying to figure out just what the heck was wrong with my mom's computer. Oh, wait, that wasn't a highlight at all. To make a long story short, my mom had adjusted a setting so deep in the control panel, it took all those Indian guys, a trip to Best Buy, and two Geek Squad geeks to figure out how to change it back. Sheesh.

We mostly ate and shopped and saw musicals and documentaries (by the way, I think the cat is now hallucinating. She's glancing around the room like crazy, as if the walls were crawling with jiggly strings!). One of the musicals was the Licolnshire Marriott's production of Footloose. Don't laugh, Lincolnshire is known for its cutting-edge productions. Oh, okay, laugh. It was pretty hard to watch. I don't know if it compares to the "Broadway" version (was Footloose on Broadway?), but let's just say that I prefer my 'loose men to be in Kevin Bacon form.

We also saw the movie version of Rent, which I enjoyed very much (I'm still singing one of the songs from it on a daily basis--at least it got Footloose's "I Need a Hero" outta there), and March of the Penguins, which made me cry a thousand tears of amazement at the way nature works (okay, maybe just two or three tears). I bought a sweater. I tested my mom's new Dish Network DVR (no comparison to TiVo at ALL). I ate some ribs. Er, I think that sums everything up for Chicago. Doesn't sound too exciting, does it? That's possibly because I'm trying to just get something out and up on Blogger so I can go about my evening business without feeling low-blog-output guilt. (The cat keeps staring at me with her head all cocked funny. She's totally high!) Is that good enough for you?

1 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

Your cat is a crackhead.

It sounds way too cold in Chicago. And I can not possibly imagine how bad a broadway or off broadway version of "Footloose" would be.

Welcome home!

November 30, 2005 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home