Sunday, November 06, 2005

Damn, dude, where you been?

Oh wait, that's me. I've been...not blogging. Sorry about that. I wish I could remember anything even close to amusing that's been keeping me away from the computer, but it's most likely been TiVo buildup along with a dose of general laziness. Speaking of dose, I had a very weird reaction to the flu shot this year. I don't always get the shot, but because it's offered at work right when it's first available (sorry general public, health care workers get first dibs...even when we work in an office that doesn't come close to interacting with patients). Anyway, I got it because I knew I'd be traveling quit a bit in the next few weeks (oooh, that's something I can tell you about. Hold tight a minute.). So, I go with some coworkers to get the shot, both of whom are being a little bit pussy about the needle. I got mine first, at their request, and was all proud of not even feeling the thing, when I suddenly got a rush of... weird...throughout my body. I ended up at the employee health center for about 1/2 an hour. I guess some people get a nauseous, light-headed kind of thing from it, though I've never had that before. I'm not really a big believer in putting something foreign in your body to avoid the possibility of getting sick later, but whatever, I was peer pressured into it. Remind me of this incident when flu shot season comes around next year, would ya? Thanks.

So, we traveled to Bethesda, Maryland, for a total of 45 hours (approximately. I'm trying to make a point and am no good at math) for N's cousin's daughter's bat mitzvah. That 5-hour cross-country flight is brutal, let me tell ya, especially when you have to be in the middle seat and end up in Bethesda instead of Honolulu. But, it was good to see his family. I was totally gonna tell you about the party itself, but I've lost the desire. Maybe it was the three glasses of wine I just had with our teriyaki chicken wing dinner (you should see the typos I keep having to correct. By the way, I apologize for another drunken post. I mean, a drunken post. Not that I've typed drunk before. Like you'd care anyway, so shut up.). What was I saying? Oh yeah, the wine (I know, but I also wanted to tell you about the wine). It's from a box with a spigot. From Target. Seriously. It's...something. Actually, it's pretty good, I have to say, but maybe that's because I've drunk a few glasses already. It comes in cute little square boxes and there are a variety of options. You might just see a box or two at our housewarming party...which is going to be held...er, sometime.

Okay, so the other travel I'm doing is going to Chicago for my usual Thanksgiving Week Mom Visit. Apparently there's a feud between cousins about who's having the T-day dinner, so we might just end up eating Chicago pizza that night. N'll be home alone for the week, so make sure to check in on him.

I think we were still in recovery mode from our travel weekend last week, because the only real outing we had this weekend was to go to Target to buy Revenge of the Sith for $14.99. A hundred bucks later, we walked out of there with that, along with the Titanic special edition that was just released. We also got the R. Kelly "Trapped in the Closet" DVD, which we picked up from Best Buy. Ahh, R. Kelly. Anyone in need of a laugh is invited over to watch anytime (just give us some warning to clean a bit...and possibly order some chicken wings).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my G-d, I have to see the R Kelly video. MUST SEE. I could also help you with the box o' wine. I'm just sayin'.

November 06, 2005 8:40 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

November 07, 2005 11:21 AM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

You bought an R Kelly DVD?!

Just say NO to the flu shot.

November 07, 2005 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home