Monday, August 22, 2005

Some kind of what-the-eff

So, I'm in a jungle of boxes right now, and the only thing saving me from going nuts has been my self-imposed '80s movies marathon (thanks, TiVo for your suggestions). Last night was The Karate Kid; now it's Some Kind of Wonderful. You know, watching it now, though it remains one my favorites for sentimental reasons, this movie is a little cuckoo bananas (as, I guess, all '80s teen movies were). I mean, seriously, if some guy you hardly knew asked you out and took you on this over-the-top first date that included a rented fancy car with your friend as chaffeur, dinner at a fancy restaurant (with caviar!), breaking into the art museum, seeing a painting he did of you hanging in said art museum, a trip to the Hollywood Bowl (while no one else is there...can you say "date rape"?), and gave you a pair of diamond earrings he tells you he spent his entire life savings on, would you a) kiss him and think he's the man you've been looking for, or b) grab your mace and run screaming? Yeah, me too! And, if I'm the tomboy friend who's in love with the guy, do I want the earrings he bought for the other girl when he finally decides he wants to be with you instead? Hell, no! Buy me something new, bitch!

Okay, gotta pack more shit now.

Thanks for joining me for another edition of (okay, the first, and possibly only, edition of) '80s Movie Minute.

2 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

dude. you just ruined that movie for me. forever.

now what will i do?

sniff

August 28, 2005 3:24 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

Hey, I love the movie, but still, am I wrong?

August 28, 2005 7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home