Wednesday, July 13, 2005

A panic, a conspiracy, and most likely some crying

Okay, I just had a claustrophobia panic attack. Why? Because I couldn't get my bracelet off. Something's really wrong with me, right? I mean, who has claustrophobia from a stubborn bracelet clasp? I'm not sure what I thought would happen if I couldn't get the bracelet off, but it really sent me into a little tailspin for a few minutes there. Please let me know if this has happened to you! I think I also have a touch of the Alzheimer's (have I told you this before? No, seriously, that wasn't meant to be a joke.). Today I called a coworker Jose. She was not amused. It just slipped out and I have no clue why. At the time I was saying it, it seemed correct.

In other news, inanimate objects are conspiring against me:
  • The freeway did not want me to go to work. All kinds of debris was in the road: glass, a load of boxes (possibly containing Gateway computers), a very large and very dead animal.
  • My TiVo thinks I'm fat. It's subtly "suggested" five different fitness programs by recording them for me on its own.
  • My electric toothbrush thinks I should brush more. When I press the "off" button, it continues spinning for minutes without any way to stop it.

In other, other news, this is the last opportunity I'll have to chill until next Tuesday night. Tomorrow after work I'm babysitting my friend C's two kids (I know! Sorry, I should've asked if you were sitting down for that one). Our friend M, who has her own kid, will be there, too, so it won't be completely my fault if the kids go to bed hungry, naked, dirty, and weeping. Friday N and I take off for a whirlwind few days in Chicago. Whirlwind because we're going to his friend's wedding, which also involves all manner of activity surrounding it (read, barhopping), plus fitting in family visits, etc. It'll be one of those "need a vacation from our vacation" type, er, vacations, but fun all the same. See ya when we get back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home