Monday, July 04, 2005

P.S. I've never held a sparkler in my life

Okay, I think I'm over the fireworks thing. I'm sitting here at home and the fireworks are constantly going off all over the place. They make me jump. Make it stop! I'm totally on edge! It's like that firecracker scene in Boogie Nights. Ugh. I never really loved fireworks as a kid. They always scared the crap out of me. One time, I literally peed my pants at a local fireworks display. Did I mention that I was sitting on my mom's lap at the time? Yeah. Checkmark in the "no kids" box.

Anyway, I'm not out watching fireworks now because N and I didn't feel like dealing with traffic and parking and, ultimately, people. You know how you just don't like people sometimes? Not specific people. The people we would've been with tonight are perfectly fine and we have nothing against them. It's the other people out there. The unknowns. They tend to get in the way.

Speaking of things that get in the way (well, not really, but I've been struggling with a transition for the last 5 minutes), N shaved off the beard this weekend. I had no idea it was coming and didn't get a chance to say goodbye to Beard-N. He answered the door on Friday with just a mustache and a soul patch. I was totally shocked! He looked very West Hollywood for a good 10 minutes there till he finally shaved the rest off. Yes, this WAS an event worth blogging. Shut up.

Smooth-Faced-N and I managed to fit two movies in this weekend: War of the Worlds (traumatized!) and Land of the Dead (yes, a zombie movie, and surprisingly, not half as traumatizing as WotW!). We also went to a friend's bbq in Irvine (traffic!), watched MTV's Live 8 eight-hour coverage (crap! MTV, you are crap!), played a ton of Burnout 3 on the XBox (smashing cars is fun!), drank all day Sunday (somehow, I barely got drunk), slept very late Monday (zzzz), and didn't touch the DVD we rented (Ocean's 12). All in all a good weekend. And a four-day work week to boot! Woo!

1 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

N has a beard?

(get it?)

July 05, 2005 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home