Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Cup o' Random

Something N alerted me to today that's been puzzling me all day: Cup o' Noodles is actually called Cup Noodles, no "o." It's true, look it up. (Doesn't that site look like a kid's fansite? I'm pretty sure it's official, though.) Anyway, how did we all start calling it Cup o' Noodles? We all do, right? Did it once have the "o"? If so, what happened to it? Too Irish for a Japanese food? Thoughts? Comments?

Wait! Hold the phone! I did my own damn research on that site (isn't it nice how I saved you the trouble?). Here, it explains that the product was renamed in 1993. But why, Nissin? Why??

On my way home from Dinner with Dad (yes, that's Wednesday's proper name around here), I saw this: A big gold Cadillac being driven by a middle-aged man. The other seats were filled with a bunch of teenage goth girls, all bopping their dyed-black hair to whatever they were forcing the dad to play on the radio. The one in the back blew me a kiss out the window as I passed her. Kinda funny.

Speaking of teenage girls, how bad do you hate every girl on My Super Sweet 16? What? You're not watching? Oh, please do. Then we can discuss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home