Sunday, August 28, 2005

Did I mention I'm moving?

Holy shit, I've been up and down the apartment stairs about, oh, a million times today. I went to Goodwill, packed another half dozen boxes, and cleared my closet of excess hangers. Did you know that I have more shoes than will fit in a Dell computer box? Yeah, and to think, I just bought a 10-pair hanging shoe bag. Talk about miscalculations! Anyway, I (we) need help! We gotta cover windows and floors and there are waaay too many choices out there! I spent an hour in Linens 'n' Things touching duvet covers and sheets and curtains and rugs. And I'm tired, did I say that part?

Oh, I highly, HIGHLY recommend doing an annual cleaning (spring cleaning, if you will). It's amazing what'll accumulate in your home. I still have a box of shit that I never unpacked from the last time I moved...and I still don't know what to do with it. The thing of it is, it's a box of toys I got from the VERY LARGE COMPANY I used to work for. Anyway, I was friends with the receptionist in the Toys department and she gave me some stuff off their sample shelf. Now, I THINK these are actual samples before they were manufactured and released to the public (there's a typo or two on one of the boxes), so they MAY be worth something, but how can I find out? I can't very well go on eBay and say "I snatched these off the sample shelf of [VERY LARGE COMPANY]," can I? I mean, I don't know exactly if they're samples that differ from what was released or what, so I don't know what to do with them. I guess I could just give them away. How much could they be worth? (*cue Brady Bunch fade-to-future-music*-- Woman on the news: "And can you believe that the sale of this little [HUGE MONEY-MAKING ANIMATED FILM] toy I got from Goodwill in 2005 enabled me to buy this very large beach house and cheese platter?") Any suggestions?

Today's '80s packing background movie: Lucas. I don't think I ever need to see it again. I'm just saying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home