Wednesday, January 04, 2006

I'll title this later. For now, let's call it: Pancakes.

Evidence we're like 9-year-olds: N and I just spent 1/2 hour playing with dry ice in the sink. (Part 2: N just stood over my shoulder while I was writing this and said: "Dear Blog, Today I went to the store.")

Other things:
So you know how I work in Pasadena? Hey, and you know how the Rose Bowl is in Pasadena? Yeah, so the entire population of Texas was in Pasadena this afternoon while I was trying to do my lunchtime errands (Joke: Why are they changing the state of Texas' name to Tex? Because the ass moved to Washington. Huh, that joke doesn't work so well in the written form.). There were Longhorns everywhere. Tons of SC fans, too. I was waiting for a fight to break out right there in Paseo Colorado (that's a mall), but it didn't. Add to that chaos the mess of dismantling the bleachers lining the street from the Rose Parade (speaking of, My lord! Did you watch any of that disaster?? I wonder how many of those drill team girls left California with pneumonia! That was pretty entertaining, I have to say.), and you have a day I should've gone to the office cafeteria (I was hoping for a better ending to that long and winding sentence, but it kinda petered out there at the end. Sorry. I never said I was good at this!).

Oh, so New Year's Eve was fun. It was a lot of yelling. Mostly at the TV trivia game. But also to be heard over everyone else's yelling. Why are we so yelly? It was almost literally the only time N and I left the house for the three-day weekend (minus the walk to Caffe Latte for "breakfast" the next afternoon, and a short walk to Blockbuster to return a video game (see sentence #1, above). The rain kept us huddled on the couch like pussies. That's right, I said it: pussies. We did see a rainbow from the Pink Room though, and managed to watch all manner of DVD, including most of season 1 of The Shield (don't tell us ANYthing! We're Netflixing the rest of 'em).

Anyway, N's sitting around waiting for me to watch yet more DVDs. He picked up The Simpsons season 7 today (finally) and we've still got those Shields to get through. Thought I'd pop in here to keep up with the other blogging Joneses (you know who you are).

4 Comments:

Blogger Tigerpants said...

Peer pressure!!!!!

I do love a good pancake, though, so that's as good a title as any. I went to the Grove last Thursday, and they were having some sort of pep rally bullshit for USC, and it was nightmare there. Awful.

Golden Girls!

January 04, 2006 11:41 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

What do the Golden Girls have to do with anything?

And now that you've both updated I have to update again! Bitches!~

I'm sorry I was so loud on NYE. I blame Jack Daniels.

January 05, 2006 6:43 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

Yeah, seriously, what's up with the GG?

January 06, 2006 11:50 AM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

I meant to mention that N.'s "Dear Blog..." thing was really funny.

KF thinks I'm stealing his soul by writing about him in my blog.

January 06, 2006 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home