Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Just pretend you never saw that last thing you think you saw

What post? I don't know what you're talking about.

Someone please tell me why I should keep watching Nip/Tuck. There was just one "WTF" after another on last night's finale. I can't even get into it now, but I'll be happy to talk to you about it Saturday night at the thing I'll probably see you at (let's face it, my reading audience doesn't spread very wide).

So, I didn't win the Mega Millions draw from last night (I apologize to those who live with me for having to learn it this way--stop that XBOX 360 order, now!), but I didn't even remember to check on that till just now, which made the anticipation of it, well, not very exciting. Remind me to remember better when I buy lotto tickets. (If you remember.)

Anyway, I'm at work and I just did some last-minute shopping at lunch (including the purchase of what I'm sure will be the White Elephant/Yankee Swap hit of the night at that thing you might see me at on Saturday). I ended up buying my dad a white dress shirt, because that's what he hinted at, even though a) I wasn't sure of his size, so it's probably all wrong (do you know how many numbers there are on men's dress shirts??), and b) my original thought was to take him to a basketball game. It was just easier (even if it doesn't come close to fitting). Do you know they have a whole line of Donald Trump clothing at Macy's? Don't worry, I didn't buy my dad one of those shirts.

I also, once again, failed to understand what a homeless/mentally unstable man in a wheelchair said to me outside the Starbucks, so I just smiled. He said, "Merry Christmas anyway," which made me feel bad, because that probably meant he'd asked me a yes-or-no question, not a nod-and-smile question. This also happened last week, when I realized too late that the (entirely different and not-wheelchaired) guy was asking if I wanted my windshield cleaned. I did the nod-and-smile then, too. I felt so guilty about it that I spent the bulk of my trip into the drugstore trying to figure out what food item I could buy and offer him. Cookies? Something more nutritious? Trail mix? Energy drink? Candy bar? Peanuts? Anyway, I ended up with nothing for him, but happily, some much-nicer-than-me girl was letting him wash her window and taking care of him while I was on my way out. At least I had the thought to be nice, right? Damn, I should've gotten today's guy a coffee. Or a Frappuchino. Or a Mocha.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't watch Nip/Tuck. I know. But I just don't, ok? I can tell you about my trip, though! I bought my yankee swap while I was away. I think it'll be fun.

December 21, 2005 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home