Friday, January 13, 2006

Small, weird scare

So, I just walked in the door after work to find the house completely dark. Where's N, I wonder? He didn't mention anything about not being home tonight. I see a flashing message on the phone, and knowing that I left a message for him on my way home 15 minutes earlier, I punch the Caller ID button that lets you see who's called. There's a 213 number there with a one-word name attached to it: Prison. Holy crap! Prison! N's in prison and he made his one call home! Then I had the fleeting thought that maybe he knows someone who works on Prison Break? (But in a 213 area code?) Before I could think too hard on any of this, I called N's cell, which he picked up with a cheery "Hello!"
"Uh, where are you?" I ask.
"On Highland, on my way home right now."
"So, you're not in prison?"
"Prison? Why would I be in prison??"

Turns out, I forgot he had a doctor's appointment this afternoon. Phew!!

Other funny scare:

I was driving home the other day, when I hear what I thought was a song with a really bad layer of yelling lyrics running just under the music track. I turn down the sound and realize it's not on the radio, it's a man yelling behind me. So I look out the back window and out the rear view mirrors to see what's going on, but I don't see anything. I think he's yelling, "I've got my eye on you!" and "What are YOU looking at?" The more I hear it, the more panicked I get, because he's moving with me as I'm driving, and it sounds like he's IN the car with me! Just when I reach the height of fear, I recognize the voice. It's the stupid talking Monster's Inc. Mike doll I've had in the trunk since the move. I guess it's time to unpack the car!

2 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

That is the funniest thing ever!!!!
The Mike doll, I mean.

But who called from Prison? I don't get it.

January 14, 2006 8:28 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

We still don't know. N called the number that was there and it just rang and rang.

January 14, 2006 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home