Sunday, January 08, 2006

Inspired by one line from the last entry

Dear Blog,

Today I went to the store. I bought two bottles of wine and an ice bucket for our ... new bar! Yesterday we went to the store too, and bought the bar of my dreams (well, dreams that I can afford), the picture of which has been hanging in the spot where that very bar now sits. Because N is the manly-ist (how would YOU spell that??) of all men, he spent a chunk of yesterday putting it together (did you know that you had to put together Crate & Barrel furniture? What a rip!). And I spent the same chunk of the day disposing of the various packing materials and boxes that sucker came in. I'm sure I amused any neighbor who may have been watching with my attempt to put a very large and flat box into the recycling bin. I thought, because it was thin, I could just somehow fold the thing in there and make it fit so the lid would close. No dice. I tried for a very long time, with much effort (even bringing out a hacksaw at one point), but I just couldn't do it. So now the bin is sitting there wide open with a huge piece of cardboard sticking out of it at least three feet.

Anyway, today's trip to the store marked the third time in two days I was at The Farmer's Market. Yesterday afternoon for the bar purchase, last night to use our gift certificate to Maggiano's (mmmm Chianti), and today, to get out of the house and buy a much coveted ice bucket (and more Chianti).

N's watching a commentary for a movie, and I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. I can only hear it, not see it. Right now there are kinda explosions, someone is saying something about the church at Hollywood and Highland, something about Paramount, and something about kids. Any guesses? I just asked, so now I know. Did you guess? It's the original War of the Worlds.

Okay, so you know how Samuel Jackson is going to star in "Snakes on a Plane" later this year? (Really, go look it up.) Well, I'd like to see some other combinations of that: "Cougars on a Jetski"! "Pandas on a Skateboard"! "Flamingos on a Cruise Ship"! "Wombats on a Tourbus"! Okay, I'll stop now.

Yes, the rumors are true. We're going to Vegas with the Eclektras (yeah, I'm too lazy to link that--or look up the correct spelling, for that matter. Change your name already!) next week. We're totally gonna be the Beverly Hillbillies at The Wynn. The web site says there's a TV in the bathroom of each room. "TVs in the Bathroom"!! Unfortunately, the timing of it all meant I had to give up my time as a volunteer at my employer's newly minted Martin Luther King Day of Service, which allows us to not get the day off, but spend some time away from the office packing up supplies for the local food bank. I'm sure Dr. King would understand. Seriously, TVs in the bathroom!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tigerpants said...

I hope you kids have fun while I'm WORKING all weekend. Go see Avenue Q!

January 08, 2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

Wasn't Dr. Kings dream that all men and women enjoy tv in the bathroom equally?

I can't think of a new name! Help me!
You're so good at alternative titles!

And lucky you to have a bar from Crate and Barrel! I wanna see!

January 08, 2006 5:42 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

"Manliest." I got it now. That's ironic because a) just before I wrote that, I was reading Bee Season, a book about spelling and spelling bees, and b) because I correct people's spelling for a living. Sheesh.

I can't believe you guys read this already before I could correct it! Don't you have anything better to do??

January 08, 2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

no

January 09, 2006 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home