Tuesday, March 13, 2007

More celebs [and RIP old couch]

[Here’s where I removed a long story about our couch being rejected by the Salvation Army. That sentence is all you really needed to know anyway.]

But anyway, on to the exciting things! A couple weeks ago we were shuttling around my visiting mom, which meant we were out and about much more than we usually are in a given week (or month). And what happens when you’re out in LA? Celebrity sightings! The first night my mom was in, we ate at Larchmont Grill, one table away from George Takei! Surprisingly, I was the one who spotted him and had to whisper to N to turn around and check him out. Also surprisingly, this is not the first time we’ve dined with the man. A few years ago we were also a table away from him at Mishsima.

A day or so later, we were out shopping at Old Navy and I spotted this kid from Weeds (and Nemo’s voice!). I had the urge to go up and ask him for his autograph, because I thought he might think it was cool, but then I got a threatening image of Chris Hansen in my head and backed off.

That same night, we went to Pastis. We were sitting there checking out the wine list and facing the doorway, when suddenly, what has now become my most exciting celebrity sighting ever happened: Michael C. Hall! I never knew I’d be so excited to see him in person, but I squeezed N’s leg so hard when he walked into our line of sight that there just might still be fingerprints in his knee socket! You’re watching Dexter, right??

Unfortunately for my mom, not one of these actors was within her range of TV knowledge. It’s okay, though, because she thinks she sees celebrities wherever we go in town anyway. You should’ve seen the woman she thought was Whitney Houston. She also thought she saw Jennifer Hudson at Doughboys. I probably should just let her think she’s seeing actors she knows, and shut up about the ones she doesn’t. Maybe next time.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's interesting to hear about Alexander Gould. Do you happen to remember what clothing he was looking at in Old Navy?

March 13, 2007 12:42 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

I don't, no. (And if you didn't have a clothing-related site, I might've found that question a little creepy!)

Just out of curiousity...how'd you land here?

March 13, 2007 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol--I can see what you mean, but I assure you as a mom of 3 boys and the 4th due in a few weeks--I am not the To Catch a Predator type! ;)

I found you when searching for Old Navy. I love the store and I am writing a post on them.

March 13, 2007 2:19 PM  
Blogger JBMolina said...

Holy Crap! You saw Dexter!! I wanna see Dexter! He's hot in an asexual serial killer kind of way.

My mom thinks she sees celebrities everywhere too.

KF saw Dr. Jack Shepard at the Fox and Hound in Studio City the other night.

But I got nothing.

March 18, 2007 11:28 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

He was with a woman that I assume is his wife.

April 12, 2007 10:37 AM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

Hmm, well I was pretty busy looking at him, but I think she was tallish with long brown hair. It looked to me like a pleasure dinner rather than a business dinner...

April 12, 2007 10:44 AM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

Good luck with that! When my boyfriend (N) and I actually leave the house, we tend to see people fairly often. I imagine NY would be the same way.

Thanks for visiting!

April 12, 2007 10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home