Monday, February 05, 2007

There's probably something on TV that's more interesting than this


I'm discovering that I’m a pretty bad blogger. I probably should’ve written about my trip to Aruba within the last four weeks that I’ve been home, but obviously I didn’t get around to that. Aruba is gorgeous, and blue, and windy (did you guys know about the wind? It’s nonstop, literally.). If I lived closer and it took any less than the 16 hours total it took to get back home (that’s three plane changes, people!), I’d go again in a heartbeat.

Okay, that’s done with!

Meanwhile, back at home, N and I have been spending a ridiculous amount of time on the crappy couch with all our new toys. That HDTV is about the best thing we’ve ever done as a couple (and it’s educational, too! Ask us anything about wildebeests and the Kombai tribe! Speaking of the Kombai, one of my favorite parts of this show is the "indigenous nudity." Not the nudity itself, but the disclaimer that warns us that we will be seeing some.).

And, just when we thought the TV would be entertainment enough, we hooked the Wii up to it. My lord, that’s fun! There’s nothing like having a virtual version of yourself kick a virtual version of your boyfriend’s ass at tennis (to be fair, that only happened once...which is probably why I say there’s nothing like it)!

Then! Just when we thought THAT would be the ultimate in fun, I bought N an Xbox 360 for his birthday. And I know you’re gonna think I’m high when I say this, but I’m addicted to a game about tending a garden so piñatas will move into it. So you’ll excuse me if I’ve been away from the computer for awhile. You’d think the wi-fi we set up to allow the Wii to receive automatic updates would make it easier and more fun to blog, but no, 50 inches of TV is way more interesting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tigerpants said...

I have often wondered if I'd like a game system. No boys in the house, so I can't just acquire one, but would I use one myself? Are there enough games out there to entertain me?

February 05, 2007 10:28 PM  
Blogger ITurnedOutTV said...

All it takes is one game! I played Animal Crossing on my GameCube (which I purchased myself, when there was no boy in my house) every day for almost a year. Sad, but true. (And now I play Animal Crossing on my DS quite often, as well.)

February 06, 2007 8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog. I will keep reading. Please take the time to visit my blog about Free Guitar Lesson

January 25, 2008 5:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home