Sunday, March 19, 2006

Something clever with the word "run" in it


The LA Marathon ran right by our apartment today! Okay, not right in front, but down the street perpendicular to our block. The runners were even visible out our bedroom window. I had anticipated going down there to check it out, but I guess I was more excited than I thought because I had marathon dreams all night long, and woke up every hour after the sun rose. I knew it was time to get up when I heard drums and periodic cheering coming from outside. Turns out, not only were we half a block from the excitement, we were right at one of the "Entertainment Stations," so there was a band, a decent-sized crowd, and my dad. What? My dad? Yeah, I was surprised too, when I was walking up Fairfax and saw a man carrying a chair who looked JUST like my dad. When it turned out that it WAS my dad, he seemed just as surprised to see me, though you'd think he'd have realized that he was just a block from his daughter's apartment! Anyway, he was there to watch for his girlfriend, who was running. Because my dad was there, I ended up staying for a good 3 1/2 hours or so and came away with a nice sunburn. It was pretty cool to see everyone waiting for and cheering on friends and family members. I thought this little girl was particularly cute. Her sign says:
Go Fra-
nk!! You
can do it!

You gotta love the hyphenation on that!

1 Comments:

Blogger JBMolina said...

That's a great picture!

I wish I could run into a parent just a few blocks from my house. *sigh*

March 20, 2006 2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home